A substance used to prevent or treat harmful effects of a poison. Antidots couteracts the mechanism of the poisson, thus neutralising it. Another possibility is the acceleration of poisson elimination.
Ingested poisons are often treated by the oral administration of activated charcoal, which absorbs the poison, and then it is flushed from the digestive tract, removing a large part of the toxin.
- Benzodiazepines: Flumazenile (Anexate®) - Initial dosis 0,2 mg, if necessary up to 1 mg total dosis in steps of 0,1 mg/min.
- Cholinesterase-Hemmer: Atropin
- Heroin: Naloxone (Narcanti®) - In case of physical opiate-dependence danger of akute withdrawal symptome
- Amanite phalloide (Death Cap) Silibinine (Legalon®SIL) - daily dosis 20 mg/kg in 4 infusions every 2 h followed by 4 h infusion-free intervall
- Tricyclic Antidepressives (Amitriptyline, Doxepin): Physostigmine (Anticholium®) - Cholinesterase-Inhibitor, dosis adults 2 mg
Last modification (M-D-Y): 02/08/2019 - IMPRINT - FAQ